Sigma Personality Assessment Tests Preparation – 2022
What Is Sigma?
In operation since 1967, Sigma is one of the most recognized names in psychometric test development. They offer a large array of testing options that are used for pre-employment and professional development purposes. Among its test options, Sigma offers a wide array of personality assessment tests. If you are currently on the job market, chances are you will eventually encounter one of the Sigma Personality Assessment Tests.
The Sigma Personality Assessment Tests
Five-Factor Non-Verbal Personality Questionnaire (FF-NPQ)
This is a non-verbal test, that relies on illustrations to help test for the personality trait described in the OCEAN, or 5 Factor model. It is made up of 60 illustrations which the test-taker must rate based on how likely or unlikely they are to engage in the pictured behavior. It is untimed and should take around 10 minutes to complete.
It will be ranked based on the Big 5 scale of:
Non-Verbal Personality Questionnaire (NPQ)
This test is very similar to the FF-NPQ in that it measures personality traits using illustrations that you must rank, versus statements. There are 130 items to rank, and it takes an average of 30 minutes to complete.
The traits it is used to measure include:
- Thrill Seeking
- Social Succorance
Neo Personality Inventory 3 (Neo-PI-3), Neo 5 Factor Inventory 3 (Neo-FFI-3)
The Neo personality test is based on the Big 5 personality traits, and the 6 facets included in each. This is a verbal assessment, made up of 240 items. The Neo 5 Factor Inventory 3 is the 60 item version of the assessment. The Neo-PI-3 usually takes between 30 -45 minutes to complete. The Neo-FFI-3 takes around 15 minutes
This test is used to determine your personality based on these factors:
- Neuroticism – Anxiety, hostility, depression, self-consciousness, impulsiveness, vulnerability
- Openness – Fantasies, aesthetics, ideas, actions, feelings, values
- Agreeableness – Trust, modesty, compliance, altruism, straightforwardness, tender-mindedness
- Conscientiousness – Competence, self-discipline, achievement-striving, dutifulness order, deliberation.
- Extroversion – Warmth, gregariousness, assertiveness, activity, excitement seeking, positive emotions
Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment (MEIA)
This is an assessment used to determine an individual’s emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence affects the way a person acts with others and the way they perceive the world. This assessment consists of 150 items that measure the10 aspects of emotional intelligence. It takes around 20 minutes to complete.
The aspects it is measuring are:
- Recognition of emotion in the self
- Regulation of emotion in the self
- Recognition of emotion in others
- Regulation of emotion in others
- Non-verbal emotional expression
- Intuition vs reason
- Creative thinking
- Mood redirected attention
- Motivating emotions
Jackson Personality Inventory
This personality inventory uses personality traits as a predictor of success at work, on teams, and in education. It is made up of 300 true or false statements and takes roughly 45 minutes to complete.
The traits it is using as predictors include 5 traits, or what Sigma calls clusters, made up of 15 scales:
- Analytical – Complexity, breadth of interest innovation, tolerance
- Extroverted – Sociability, social confidence energy level
- Emotional – Empathy, anxiety, cooperativeness
- Opportunistic – Risk-taking, social astuteness
- Dependable – Organization, traditional values, responsibility
Six Factor Personality Questionnaire (SFPQ)
This test measures 6 dimensions of personality, and 18 facets. It is very similar to the Big 5 but has the additional dimension of conscientiousness. This is a 108 item questionnaire, that is often used to build employee models for companies. It should take test takers around 20 minutes to complete.
It measures the dimensions and facets of:
- Agreeableness – Abasement, even-tempered good-natured
- Extroversion – Affiliation, dominance, exhibition
- Independence – Autonomy, individualism, self-reliance, industriousness
- Achievement – seriousness, endurance
- Methodicalness – cognitive, structure, deliberateness, order
- Openness to Experience – Change, understanding, breadth of interest
Personality Research Form (PRF)
This personality assessment is used as part of assertiveness training, to study behavior, employee attitudes, and more. It assesses 22 separate traits based on Murray’s Framework. It takes around 45 minutes to complete.
This test is evaluating the traits of:
- Achievement Affiliation
- Cognitive Structure
- Harm avoidance
- Nurturance Order
- Social Recognition
How to Prepare for the Sigma Personality Assessments?
The best way to prepare for any personality test is to learn as much as you can about the test provider, and the way they view personality testing. This will provide insight into the way the tests are formatted and scored. When taking any personality test it is important to be honest in your responses, and not try to “cheat “ the test. Doing that could result in an unusable score, and you may either be disqualified from the position you have applied for or required to retake the test.
The tests provided by Sigma are so varied that there is a test to suit the style of any business that is searching for talent. If you run across one of these tests during your job hunt, you will be well prepared to face it, and keep moving to the next level.